Dave’s Fall Garden To-Do List
- Build a second compost bin. I have three palettes that need screwed together to make a basic compost bin. My old one is full and I haven’t cleaned out the garden yet so it’s time for a second bin.
- Clean out the vegetable garden. I’ll leave the tomatoes until they finish ripening but three beds need cleared.
- Plant the garlic. In one of the garden beds that needs cleared I’ll put the garlic cloves for next year.
- Weed the various gardens for cool season weeds. If I don’t get a handle on them now they will get away from me. I shouldn’t have too much trouble with the chickweed this winter since I’ve covered the area that was effected but other weeds are bound to pop up in it’s place.
- Collect seeds from anything that has deadheads. The zinnias, cosmos, rudbeckias and coneflowers should have plenty of seed for collecting by now.
- Finish laying rock near the patio. Between the patio and the house is a small rock area that needs finished. Once that part is done I can call the patio construction complete for this year!
- Pot up more cuttings. I have some spirea cuttings that need potted as well as some salvia.
- Clean out the garage. The garage is in complete disarray at the moment, as a result of a busy gardening season. Once I clean it out I can move some tender plants inside and put the cuttings in the garage greenhouse.
There’s just a few things that need done among many others that will pop up as I go. Every item on the to-do list seems to have several other chores attached to it. What chores need done in your garden?