Today I made a couple stops for some new plants on my way home from the dentist appointment that was really supposed to be next week. I guess with everything going on lately my head has been spinning and I just got mixed up. Or maybe I’m just getting old? Whatever the case the perfect remedy for a spinning head is to work in the garden and today I did just that. I added several new plants that I’ve never tried before but have wonderful reputations. Unfortunately the camera never made it to the garden so you will have to use your imagination. I’ll highlight them soon on their own but here’s the list of what I added. The one’s with the asterisk are brand new in my garden.
- Dusty Miller – Senecio cineraria
- Coleus – Solenostemon
- Petunia – Petunia hybrida
- Sweet Potato Vine – Ipomoea batatas
- Persian Shield* – Strobilanthes dyerianus (I learned of this one through Nan’s book Foliage, it’s a must read, must gawk at the pictures, and definite must have! Thanks Nan!)
- Black and Blue Salvia – Salvia guaranitica
- Coreopsis ‘Jethro Tull’* – Coreopsis also called Tickseed
I’ll show you a few pictures soon!