If you are like me you’ve been scanning the forecast trying to plan out every possible moment you can be outside in the garden! Around here Saturday is supposed to be pretty nice with scattered clouds and no rain coming in until late. And I can’t forget to mention the big 70 that has appeared in the temperature predictions! Since the weather is set to be favorable I’ve designated my spare time to the greenhouse garden shed – I’ve just got to get this thing finished! I dropped the kids off by their grandparent’s house this past Thursday (after signing the oldest one up for kindergarten, she’s growing fast!) and spent the day putting the siding on the back of the greenhouse. I’m close to being finished with the siding and have only the gables and a few spots on the sides to cover.
My target this weekend is the inside. It’s a mess, too many pieces of wood just laying around. So here’s my Greenhouse Garden Shed work plan:
- Clear out all the leftover plywood from siding the greenhouse.
- Measure and find appropriate size pieces of plywood to cover non-glass walls on the inside of the greenhouse garden shed.
- Build the first of several plant holding benches.
- Install some old cabinets for storage.
- Plant potatoes – oh wait, not in the greenhouse, in the garden!
As usual I never have enough time to do it all but I’ll report back on Monday with what I actually managed to finish.
A look back at this week on The Home Garden:
Sunday March 14
- Catching Up. A look back at previous Garden Blogger Assignments.
Monday March 15
Tuesday March 16
Wednesday March 17
- The First Daffodil of 2010! Need I say more? Welcome Spring!
Thursday March 18
- Sugar Snap Peas Sprouting! The first of many vegetables to arise from the soil of the garden.
Friday March 19
- Refreshing The Mailbox Garden – A little mulch goes a long way! I expanded the mailbox garden few feet in either direction making a much better sized area for a garden.