This week marked the return of warm temperatures to Tennessee. Last Sunday was beautiful, the kind of day you can wear short sleeve shirts and start thinking about grilling out. Monday was even better then the rains came but the warmth was still there. This weekend brings us to a little cold front that tagged along with the rains or perhaps the other way around. It’s temporary and the warmer temperatures will become increasingly regular as we move ahead. The warm weather definitely made gardening chores much more bearable and in fact – exciting – there’s a gardener’s perspective for you! I accomplished many things this week but still need to do many, many more.
What’s on the big garden to-do list this weekend?
- The greenhouse – hopefully I’ll play inside it working on insulating the walls – putting on a few internal walls – and maybe building a shelf to hold some plants.
- More on the greenhouse – Put on more siding – having a half finished layer of siding is driving me nuts – of course I could look at from the other perspective: the siding is half done!
- Build another raised bed – still on the to-do list. One of these days…
- Fill the raised bed – with a variety of layers.
- Work on the lawnmower – it’s time to do any pre-spring lawnmower maintenance – especially if you were lazy in the fall like me. Sharpen the blades, check the oil – replace it, check spark-plugs, write a post about it, and please don’t blow it up.
- Take lots of Pictures – The daffodils are almost in bloom!
What Happened this week on The Home Garden?
Sunday March 7, 2010
- Four Favorite Plants – You still have time to put together a post about your four favorite plants. Pick one plant from each type: annual, perennial, shrub, and tree.
Cyndy is the first to post on her four favorite plants.
- TARP for Gardening – A post all about a unique gardening tool that will make all your garden cleanup chores a lot simpler!
Monday March 8, 2010
- My Greenhouse Roof Re-do Project. I attempted to solve some leaky issues on my roof window. It has a few leaks that need caulked but its performance is greatly improved.
Tuesday March 9, 2010
- Getting Things Done – check to see what I’ve accomplished in the yard and garden so far.
Wednesday March 10, 2010
- Winter Blooming Jasmine – In March! If you need a color fix for early spring Winter Blooming Jasmine might be just the thing!
Thursday March 11, 2010
- Yoshino Cherry Buds are Swelling – yet another sign of spring’s arrival.
Friday March 12, 2010
- Herbs in the Vegetable Garden – Don’t overlook planting herbs in the vegetable garden – they make great companions.
Past Garden Blogger Assignment Updates:
Thanks to Tina who also likes to Play with Blocks
*It’s not too late to get in on the previous assignments!