Last Sunday I should have posted about the Grow Project with the Nasturtium seeds but unfortunately our internet connection was out and the weather didn’t let up until Sunday night. There’s only so much blogging you can do without computer/internet access! I’ll update you on the progress of the ‘Spitfire’ Nasturtiums again in the future and hopefully I’ll have a bit more to share as these plants are still quite small. To bring you up to speed on the nasturtium progress I planted two of the nasturtiums that I grew from seed in the ground last week (See the previous Grow Project: Nasturtium Post) at the base of this garden obelisk I made during the Arbor project last year. The obelisk was made from leftover scrap material from the arbor’s construction. It’s a little bendy on one side but still functional.
Since the nasturtiums should grow to at least 3 feet I thought this would be the perfect way to display them. They will grow up the obelisk and cover it with foliage and blooms throughout the summer. At least that is my goal!
Also since I didn’t get a chance to post my usual weekly recap post I’m a couple weeks behind. Here’s my attempt to catch up!
Sunday April 25
- Snakes in the Garden – They can be such a helpful little critter in the garden but unfortunately snakes are often feared.
Monday April 26
Tuesday April 27
Wednesday April 28
- Growing Japanese Maples From Seed – Who doesn’t like a Japanese maple? Especially when they are free!
Thursday April 29
- A Look at the Backyard – Just a glimpse, or a glimmer if you will.
Friday April 30
Saturday May 1-Monday May 3
- Get out your floaties! We were getting wet in Middle TN! The Flood of 2010 Knocks out power, washes out homes, destroys property, submerges water treatment centers, washes away Opryland, Titans stadium, and wreaks havoc on the lives of many Tennesseans.
Tuesday May 4
- The Tennessee Flood of 2010 Part 1 – A few pictures from my garden of the worst natural disaster to hit Tennessee in a very long time.
Wednesday May 5
- My Rant on the Media – Yep I ranted. It doesn’t happen often but this was important. I’m happy to say that at least one major television network (CNN) admitted to falling short on coverage.
- The Tennessee Flood of 2010 Part 2 – a couple of videos on the flood taken from my backyard. More people have watched the first part than the second – the second part shows the water flowing a lot more dramatically!
Thursday May 6
Friday May 7
- Propagating Rosemary in Water – If you like easy plants to propagate give rosemary a shot.