Here is a collection of vegetable gardening posts that I’ve written over the last few years. Some are gardening designs and others are more general but in either case hopefully they will be of some use to you!
Garden Layouts and Designs
- 5 Situations that Call for Raised Beds – Sometimes a garden’s location is less than ideal. Raised beds offer a great way to solve those garden problems to create a productive garden.
- “L” Shaped Garden Layout with Raised Beds – I love to use raised beds for gardening. This is one layout I’ve used in my garden but has since been changed to a a layout with better flow.
- Vegetable Garden Layout with Raised Beds – One of the more recent iterations of my vegetable garden layout which changes every year. I’m moving more toward a formal parterre layout.
- Designing a Raised Bed Vegetable Garden: 11 Things to Think About – Check this post out if you are designing your own raised bed vegetable garden. These 11 things should be considered before establishing your vegetable garden layout.
- Designing a Raised Bed Vegetable Garden: 3 More Things About Raised Beds – I left a couple things out from the Designing a Raised Bed vegetable Garden: 11 Things to Think About.
- Vegetable Garden Layout Comparison – Here I compared a couple of my raised bed designs and how they functioned.
- Fall Vegetable Garden Layout – If you have milder winters you can garden from fall through winter!
- On the Garden Fence – One possible design for my garden fence. As of 2011 it still hasn’t been built, one of these days…(you know the saying).
- Herb Garden Layout – We like herbs for cooking so it makes sense to have them in the garden!
- More on the Herb Garden – More on the herb garden, but I bet you guessed that!
General Posts on Vegetable Gardening
- The Surprise Vegetable Garden – Taking advantage of a few self-sowing vegetables!
- Can You Afford Not to Garden?
- A Tomato Crop and A Tomatoholic!
Evil Insects and Bad Bugs
Vegetable Garden Book Reviews
What I Grow in my Garden