The seeds are sprouting pretty good so far. I need to get some pictures taken of them but haven’t had the time this week to do much. I have inspected them daily waiting eagerly for the next little green baby plant to say “hello!” I was getting a little bit of damping off but I took care of it with an organic insecticidal soup with a fungicidal element to it. It worked so well that the plants that were showing the signs of the damping off fungus are now doing fine.
Here’s the short list of what is rising from the dirt!
- Blue Fescue (at least 10 and possibly more since I didn’t check all the pots in the the second flat)
- Catmint ‘Blue carpet’ (22 so far)
- Dianthus ‘Arctic Fire’ (a bunch of them from the American Horticultral Society’s Seed exchange)
- Verbena (3)
- Salvia Splendens ‘Flare’ (at least 10 so far)
- Crape Myrtles (2 from my wife’s grandmother’s trees)
The tomatoes and peppers are planted but haven’t sprouted yet, maybe they will sometime this weekend!